The question often arises as to what the differences are between Pilates and Yoga. Leda Lum is a Pilates instructor at Live Well Chiropractic and Pilates Center and is here to give her take on the differences between the two healing arts methods. Pilates and Yoga are both known for their flexibility and core stabilization attributes, but Pilates tends to avoid end range movements that often aggravate spinal conditions. The key for both methods is the instructor and their focus on form. From having treated many spinal related conditions we have found that the Pilates reformer is a very versatile tool for targeting flexibility, strength and mobility related issues in a wide variety of patients.
Recent Body Wisdom
- New Class for Back Pain! Back Fit and Release, Restore, Relax
- How To Self Massage of Trigger Points Therapy
- Spinal Exercises for home – Back Fit Series
- Neck and Shoulder release – Back Fit Series
- Shoulder Flexibility Exercises
- Reformer Bar – Stretch Series
- 3 ways to stretch your Piriformis helping Back Pain and Sciatica
Pilates classes are Available 7 days a week - see schedule for specific times. All classes are limited to five participants and utilize the Balanced Body Allegro Reformers.